Sunday, August 9, 2009

What have we been doing?

The last month has been so fun and very busy! I decided that I needed to make sure and spend time with my kids and so computer time in our house has been neglected. I'm not one to skip doing chores either but lately we've had piles of dishes in our sink and bathrooms have gotten a little on the dirty side. Those are 2 of my bigger pet peeves. I hate having dirty bathrooms and stinky dishes. I guess that's ok since I had some great times with my kids and also with my family at our family reunion.

Mayci has been so much fun this summer. She has learned to work the system though. She's gotten very good at her screaming if someone is bugging her or if she doesn't get what she wants. Let's just say that she screams ALOT!! She has learned to be just as loud as her siblings because she doesn't want to be left out. Playing the piano is one of her ways of expressing herself. She loves to be up at the piano. Mostly when I'm playing the guitar. It's kind of fun to see her excited about music.
This summer the kids participated in the library reading program and they had their annual pancake breakfast. The theme this year was be creative and they got pretty creative with their breakfast. They made the pancakes pink, blue, yellow, green and all of the cool whip for topping was colored too. They even put sprinkles on top. The kids had to go hang out by the speakers and get some dancing in.
All of my kids signed up for the Boys and Girls club for the summer. It was very convenient to have it right at the kids' school. The girls only went for about 3 or 4 times but the boys managed to go a little more often. They had some theme days and one of the days was Crazy Day. Austin is the one I always see get excited about days like this. He was not afraid to show his crazy side. He was really trying to win a bike by being voted the craziest. He didn't win and I can't figure out why. I thought he looked pretty crazy myself...


We had grand plans this summer to go to Eagle Island every week. With it being so cold for the month of June and then July being busy, we didn't get to go until this week. We had a blast though and it was the perfect day to go. It was about 100 degrees that day. Even Mayci wouldn't stop to rest that day. I tried to get her to lay down for a bit in her stroller and that was not going to happen! She was loving the sand and wasn't sure about the water at first. Once I got her in though, she was not getting out.

Here's a few tough boys for you. They better be tough. They start tackle football on the 17th of this month. I'm a little nervous for that. It's the first time for both of them and I think they are too little to be playing tackle!
What a fun day in the sun! Mayci was not so sure about the sand getting stuck in her toes and on her hands. She hates stuff in her toes.
Austin, Grant and Cooper got busy and made a pretty fun sand castle. For not having more than a shovel and bucket, they did pretty good.
Had to throw this one in. I think she's adorable.
This weekend we had Kuna Days on Friday and Saturday. Friday night we made it to the fireworks and they always do such a great job with them. Mayci wasn't thrilled with them. She started out just covering her eyes and after the really loud ones started going off, she took her blanket and covered her eyes. She spent the entire time with her head covered.
Saturday we made it to the parade in the morning and even got to have the Henderson kids hang out with us too. Brad was with them while Amber was doing a few things. Amber hooked up with us later. After the parade, we decided that we needed to do pizza for lunch. Domino's provided us with our yummy lunch while we went and watched some of the activities for the day.
Here's the hungry bunch. Austin, Grant, Mayci, Ryann, Colton, Madison, Kenzie, Dustin and Kylie. We took our pizza over to watch the tractor pulls. The kids were kind of excited at first but after the first couople of pulls it wasn't as much fun as it was suppose to be for them. We decided to head over to the lawn mower races.


Mayci wasn't liking all of the noise!

Baylee, Kim, (Kenzie and Kylie in the back) and me just enjoying some sit down time!

The lawn mower races were pretty interesting. We haven't ever been to a lawn mower race before. They sounded alot like snowmobiles. Some of the men racing had to be over 50. It was kind of fun to think of grandpa's racing down main street.
Ryann, Madison, Cooper, Kenzie, Baylee all waiting for the races to start.

Dad had to work hard to get Mayci to smile. She was getting pretty tired at this point but still hanging in there.

All the kids loved giving the riders '5' as they rode by. We even saw a lady with a pink racing outfit and a pink lawn mower. We had some fun watching this little event. The kids really wanted to go spend some time on the jump houses that they had set up though. So we headed over there.
Austin didn't do too bad on this little one! He'd be the one on the right with his clubs still in hand.
Braydon and Madison both got some time in the dunking booth. All the other kids took turns throwing the ball at the target. The kids had a blast for the day and I'm glad that we live in a fun little community that provides a fun couple of days for families.


Kenzie spent her time staying dry. She put in lots of time on all of the jump houses.
We finished off our fun weekend with a BBQ at our house with a few families. I don't have any pictures of that yet. Hopefully I can bribe someone to give me some pictures. I spent more time playing than taking pictures. My bad. It's been a fun July though. I'll get caught up on how the rest of our summer went a little bit at a time. I'm a little behind but having tons of fun being behind.

No comments: