Monday, August 24, 2009

Didn't Expect this to come so soon!

If you guessed that I'm pregnant again, you guessed wrong!

Actually, we are moving. Again! It's been awile since we've moved and we love this area so much that this wasn't an easy decision to make.

The first week in August, a job kind of fell into Justin's lap and it was one of those mixed feelings kind of phone call when Justin asked what I thought about moving to Idaho Falls. My first thought was we have too many good friends and a great school for the kids to be moving away.

The job Justin got is with ATS. They have offices here in the area and up in Washington and Oregon but they just opened up an office in Idaho Falls and would like Justin to be the manager. It will be a huge responsibility for him but one that I know he will be more than capable of handling. Justin starts on September 8th and we'll head that way sometime in November. That will allow the boys to finish the entire football season and give us time to look for a house.

I'm so glad that we will have this new opportunity to experience and at the same I feel overwhelmed at all that will need to be done in the next few months. I'm also going to miss so many great friends. Thank goodness for the internet and phones. For now, we'll just stay busy with football, piano and school. Whew!!!!

13 comments:

ShaRene Knox said...

Marissa,
Congrats!!! Looks like we'll be packing up and moving together although not to the same place.
So glad that this worked out for your family as well! And, we definately need to get together before we both leave.

Brookie said...

oh sad:( all my friends are moving away. i am going to miss you marissa! i feel so happy to have gotten to know you! you are one great women!! i love you:)
xoxo
congrats to you guys!

Sarah said...

YEAH!!!!

A Kuna friend to join me. Give me a call and we can chat. There are a ton of houses by us and I also know an excellent realtor here she showed us over 50 houses.

YEAH!!

You made my night!!!

So sad you have to leave that great place too don't get me wrong.

Contessa Johnson said...

The Johnson family will miss you terribly. We have learned so much from you. And I can say that I am a better mom for knowing you.

Melissa Durtschi said...

I can understand how you will miss where you are, but you will be closer to Rich & Taush, Bear Lake and us.....YAHOO!!! Let us know what we can do to help!!!

Andrea said...

How exciting! Best of luck selling your house and finding another one.

Camille said...

I am sad that you are leaving such a great area and great ward! We loved living up there! This way you are closer to family and that will be nice! Tell Justin congratulations and good luck to your family with the move!

Brittany said...

Yeah!! You having a baby would have been great, but I guess this is just as great of news!! I am glad that you will be a few hours closer to us!! Now if we can just get Tiffany to move this direction too!!!

I am so happy for you!! Love ya Ris!!

Tara Mc said...

It is hard to move away from good friends and for that I feel for you. That being said... WAH HOOO!!! I'm so excited that you'll be so much closer. Hopefully we'll see each other more often. Congrats guys.

Tara Mc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Well I for one am not so excited for this move as everyone else is! I will miss you so so so much! I appreciate all the love you and your family have given to me! I told Justin today at work that he better beware...cause I am going to hold the whole family hostage and he can just live in Idaho Falls by himself hahaha...but really...I am exicited you guys and I know that this is a great oppritunity and that it will be super nice to be close to family again! I love you guys so much and I already miss you!

Bunnell's said...

Marissa...I am seriously jealous. We would love to move back to SE Idaho. We love it over there and I know you will too. It is a great place to raise a family. Someday we will move back "home" again too:) Congrats on the job to! That is awesome!!!!

Anne said...

We will miss your family but are excited for you to take on a new adventure!