Let me just say that I love Summer Reading Programs. All of my kids got a free meal certificate from Applebee's for finishing their reading chart for the summer. I was more excited about them than the kids were. I knew that meant that J and I would need to take them to get their meals and enjoy the food at Applebee's too! I won't pass up that opportunity!!
We planned for a lunch date with Justin and went with some very good friends, the Halladay's and the Holm's. We met the husbands in at the Meridian Applebee's last Friday for lunch. I think we were a little overwhelming for people to see 11 kids come with these adults. I always tell Kim that my 5 kids overwhelm me so I can just imagine what others think when they see my 5 plus 6 other kids with 3 moms in tow.
Mayci loved her own drink. She did great drinking from the straw but wanted to drink her drink like everyone else does, without a straw! She ended up being very wet before the meal was over but she kept herself entertained!


This would be the GIRL table. Kenzie, Baylee, Ryann and Madison occupied this table!

The boys had to sit away from the girls. They do kind of stink sometimes so it might have been a good thing they didn't so close to the girls. There wasn't as much complaining going on during our lunch! They are cute boys though! Braydon, Austin, Tren and Cooper, posing like only boys can pose.

Jamie, Bryden and Shandon were so well behaved! Bryden's favorite friend is Mayci and he loves to talk to her. Aren't they adorable boys! Shandon is very smart and gave us lessons on caterpillars during lunch! (The kids' menu had stuff on Eric Carle's- Hungry Caterpillar on it)

Here's one set of parents to the herd of kids at lunch!

Here's the other set! Mark and Kim.

Thanks for a fun Friday lunch! Can't wait for the next outing with a dozen kids! (Actually, I'm game for the just adult outing. Let's leave the kids home next time or escape once school starts! Isn't that why we send kids to school? So we can go have fun without the kids? I'm almost positive that's what my parents did while I was in school!)
No comments:
Post a Comment