So, Kim and I got all of our corn done. We couldn't have done it without the help of the kids. Most of the kids just spent the day whining and complaining that they were bored. Those kids ended up playing in the water out front and did a good job entertaining themselves. Austin and Grant spent lots of time in the garage with us. Let's just say, it's a good thing we had their help. It went very smooth and even though we were in a hot garage, it was great fun and quite the experience.

Austin had the first station. He put all the corn in the pots for us and let them bathe for a few minutes. He then put them in the cold water cooler. After the corn had their bath, he put them in bowls for Kim and I to work on.

The cut cobs piled up faster than I thought in the garbage. It didn't look like we'd get the corn done before dinner but we started at 12:30 and finished around 5:15 pm. Not bad for all the corn we had.

This was after we were half way done. I think the heat was getting to us! (Sorry Kim, I just had to put this one on. I thought it pretty much summed up our day!)

I'm thinking that the garage was a great place to do this at. We put a tarp down on the ground and our feet were sticking to it pretty good. I figured out that it would be easier to hose the garage out than trying to get my kitchen hosed down. Justin made it home just in time to help with the clean up. That was a good thing too. We had so many bags of corn that we couldn't possibly have moved the bags by ourselves.

The finished product. We each ended up with
50 bags of corn and we did up 3 dozen whole ears for each of us to have frozen. We could've had more but Kim and I did our fair share of snacking on the corn as we were cutting. I love this feeling of accomplishment. I love to see a freezer full of food that will taste delicious in the winter. Thanks Kim for putting in a full day of mess! Thanks Austin, Grant and all of the other little hands that helped put corn in the bags! It made a great memory!
1 comment:
Wow!! That is a lot of corn! That looks like a ton of work! I wish I lived closer and could have helped! We love corn and that is such a great price!!! Good Job!
Post a Comment