Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's all about the horses

The first week in July, Nampa had a parade that Justin couldn't miss. Parade's aren't Justin's thing but if they involve only horses, he's there. Front and center. We went last year and I was impressed with the many horses and all of the groups that were entered in the parade. We made another appearance this year. We were lacking the 2 boys- they were at Grandma/pa Pugmire's that week.
Mayci thought it was great. She just loves being anywhere with daddy though.
The older girls just hung out right on the curb. Thanks to their dad, they kinda liked watching the horses and really wanted to ride one of them.

I can't remember what these horses are called but I love their coloring. I'm thinking they are a bay! This is what color horse I want, if I let Justin ever buy me a horse.
I would love to have a few of these horses with a carriage. Justin and I have a dream to own a carriage and also have a wedding reception/party planning business. We would love to do sleigh rides at Christmas time and pull new brides and grooms away after being married. Just the whole romantic side of what you can do with horses. I'm not as thrilled about the number of horses that Justin wants to have and the work that will come with having all of those horses but I'm sure he'll convince me sometime soon that we need to have ALL of them. (He wants like 200-300 horses. Crazy, I know but he would have so much fun with all of them and he'd be in heaven having all of those horses to work with.)
Can't wait for next year's Horse Parade. I just love being able to spend some time hanging out with my best friend and my kiddos!

No comments: