Friday, August 14, 2009

What I Live for

Actually, WHO I live for is a better way to say it.

Last week Justin was invited to go on quite a trip. One of the suppliers for the company Justin works for invited him to go on a golfing trip in Wisconsin and Michigan. It didn't sound very exciting to me but then I don't like golfing. At all. Justin on the other hand would golf everyday if given the chance. He isn't very good right now. He had added it up and in the last 6 years of his life, he's golfed 72 holes of golf. Last week he golfed 72 holes in 2 days!!! He flew into WI on Tuesday and they did 18 holes that day. His score was, high! But, they had more courses to golf and these aren't simple courses, he said.

Each course they golfed on got more complicated to golf on and the one they golfed on Wednesday and Thursday is among the top 24 in the nation. The way he talked about this golf course was a lot the way he talked about his passion for hunting. (He'd go back in a heartbeat if given the chance!) His score improved each round of golf. I think that helped him enjoy the week even more.
I can't remember exactly how many guys went with this group. I'm thinking it was about 8. Might have been 12. Anyway, the first night they spent in a nice hotel but the second night, they got to stay in this amazing 10,000 sq.ft. cabin. Justin knows how much fun it would be for us to have a cabin somewhere and he said this would have been a favorite of mine. It looks ok!!! (hee, hee)

I got a call on Thursday, I believe, and he said that he wished I was there with him. He loved this one course because there were deer all over the place and it was so much like being up in the woods hunting.
The golf course was surrounded by trees and then you'd all of a sudden appear at the fairway. I don't think these pictures do the golfcourse any justice. The way Justin talked about this place and from these pictures, you'd think he was in a completely different place than he is in these pictures.

The guys he went with are pretty good golfers. They follow different golfing tours and have their handicaps figured out. They were good enough to take some of their knowledge and rub it off onto Justin. They helped him grip a little differently and gave a few other good tips.
If I remember right, this last picture is of the 18th hole. I'm thinking it was a split hole- the 9th and the 18th. Don't understand that but I think that's what Justin said.
So, what did I do while Justin was gone? NOTHING!!!!!!! I don't mean to sound ungrateful for my husband but it was nice not to do anything. My personality is one that I like to make myself look good for my husband and have meals that are top notch for him. I also like to make sure he comes home to a clean house and not demand him to do this and that the second he comes in the door. I want to have him come home and have his time home with us be family time. I want to enjoy our time together. I think I've been this way since he would travel out of town 1 or 2 weeks at a time with his old company. Now when he's home, I want the focus to be on him and the kids having quality time with dad. With Justin being gone though, I had no reason for cleaning up messes. The dishes didn't get done as often and I didn't cook much that week. The night before he left, my washer broke!!!! I couldn't even do laundry during the week. I decided to catch up on some reading and I re-read 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows'. I read book 6 before I went to watch it and once I had read and watched the 6th book, I couldn't remember all of what happened in book 8. Let's just say that I didn't do much of anything that week of having Justin gone. It just made me realize that my reason for living stems alot on my wonderful Hubby! I'm glad he's part of my life and that he isn't an avid golfer. I don't mind the occasional free golf trips though. It keeps him dreaming!!

No comments: