Why else would a person get 54 DOZEN ears of corn?

That's all in the back of my van and Austin, Grant, and I picked all of it in about 1 hour. It was a great deal- $1/dozen and it is the SWEETEST corn ever!!!! Kim and I decided that the reason you have a lot of kids is so you don't have to do all the work yourself. It didn't take long for us to get the kids to work.

Kenzie, Kim, Baylee, Cooper, Me and Ryann had so much fun getting all the husks off the corn.

Grant and Austin were a great help in making sure all of the corn husks were in the garbage can. Ryann and the other girls were help for the first 1/2 hour. It only took us 1 hr and 45 minutes to shuck all of this corn. All 648 ears!!!!!

All of our slaves, I mean, workers for the morning. They couldn't wait to eat it. They were bummed that we weren't going to have corn for dinner. We told them we'd have them later. After they are all frozen.

This is what we get to blanche and cut and put into freezer bags tomorrow! Won't it be a fun day at our house? I bet your jealous that you weren't bored today too!!!!
3 comments:
Where did you get all of the corn Marissa? I have been wanting to freeze corn for the past few summers but don't know of a good place to get it.
you have to tell us where you got the corn!!!!
Fun times in the corn!!! Tomorrow will be fun, but when we are eating sweet corn all winter it will be worth it!
Post a Comment