We had the funnest pack meeting this morning. Our pack got to participate in the EAA Young Flyers program and all of the boys got to go flying, no cost, so that they could get excited about flying. When I told my 2 boys about it a few weeks ago, Braydon made the comment that he didn't want to fly. I didn't say much about it and didn't fuss about getting him to go. This morning we headed to Nampa around 8:30 am and showed up with a great big group of people from our pack. Before we left, Braydon told me again that he didn't want to fly. Once we got into the hangar, things changed. I asked Braydon why the change of heart and he didn't have an answer for me. He saw this plane and came up to me and said, "Mom, is it too late to change my mind? Can I fly now? I really want to fly!" Lucky for him, I filled out the paperwork and was going to make him fly anyway.
Braydon was the first one of the group to go up. His pilot was so good and he even let Braydon fly the plane.

We did have to get safety instructions before anyone could fly and we also had a short lesson on how planes work. Kind of fun for all of us.

Braydon all geared up and ready to go. He really wants to get his flying license now. They actually have a program online that he can do now and then when he's old enough, he can take the actual program/classes to get his license. Braydon told me he can't wait.


These 4 rode together. It was so fun to see their excitement and even some hesitation from one boy before they went up. It went pretty smooth this morning even though we had 35 boys fly. There was one plane that held the pilot and 4 passengers and then 3 planes that could take a single rider.

These boys had to decide who would ride up front.

Austin, Grant, Josh, Bryer and Justin were all victims, I mean passengers in one plane.

They all got headphones and had great smiles when they took off!
1 comment:
Wow!! How fun!!!
And can I just say I am impressed with your blogging lately!!! Thanks for posting so much! It is so fun to see what you are up to, which lately seems like a lot!! How fuN!!!
Post a Comment