I read a fun thing in our local newspaper at the first of the summer. It was a recipe to make omelets in a bag. I was curious and so we tried it out for both family reunions this summer. They turned out great and I thought I'd post this fun thing. Kids love it!!
You need to use a quart size FREEZER baggie. Write your name on the front with a permanent marker. Then add 2 eggs to the bag. Add any other additional toppings you would like to have in your omelet. Use your imagination. (I really like cream cheese in my omelet!). Remember to add seasonings to it too. Seal up the bag and squish all the ingredients. This is the part that kids love to help with. Once it's mixed up well, add it to BOILING water in a big pot.

Let is cook for 13 minutes in the pot. If you put more eggs in your omelet, add about 3 minutes for each egg. Pull your bag out and give it a little squeeze to see if it's cooked through or still a little oozy.

If it's to your liking, open the bag and slide it onto a plate. Finish it off with some good salsa or guacamole and enjoy your breakfast!
No comments:
Post a Comment