No pictures for this post. I wanted to share what my saving grace is lately! I do a dinner swap each week. I've heard of groups that do freezer meals and that would be great to do. It's a great idea. The dinner swap is a little different. Here's what we do:
There are 4 of us in the group. Each of us get together and plan our menu for 3 months. We come with our most favorite dinner ideas and plan each week so that we don't have 2 spaghetti dinners in one week. Each of us have a certain day of the week that we cook. I have Wednesdays. When it's my day to cook, I cook up 4 meals that day. That's the main course and a side dish. Sometimes we throw in a dessert but it's not required. We then deliver all of the meals by 5 pm (or earlier if we need to cook it.) It really makes life easy during the week when we have other things going on. It also saved on our pocket book. I don't buy near as much food and I only have to come up with things to make for Saturday and Sunday. (Justin and I usually go out on Friday nights and so Ramen noodles or cereal is the choice of food for the kids at dinner on Friday nights.)
I'm going to be sad to lose this dinner swap when we move. I'm going to have to find a few families up in Idaho Falls who are willing to simplify their lives too.
Cal & Brock
2 years ago





1 comment:
I had a friend in my Boise ward who was in a dinner exchange group. It sounds like a great idea; cook in masses only on one day and enjoy what everyone else brings you on the other days.
I'm sure you'll find enough people in Idaho Falls who would love to join a group like that!
Post a Comment