Thursday, August 27, 2009

Little tidbits

About a week ago, we decided to roast s'mores out back. We had a few Sunday papers out on the porch and I was going through the adds. Mayci decided that she wanted to look through the paper as well. She happened to find the comics. What a pill!!


Last Thursday (August 20), Justin and I spent our night at the Caldwell Night Rodeo. It was their 75th anniversary and it was a great rodeo. It was Tough Enough to Wear Pink night and Justin wore his pink shirt. (There is a tiny stripe of pink on his shirt. That's about the best I can do for him!) The livestock was great and none of the bull riders rode. In fact, one of the bulls broke it's leg. Kind of sad. It was a warm night but I loved being with Justin and having time away from responsibilities at home. Justin is good so good to make sure that we get a date every week and I'm so grateful for that.
We weren't at the rodeo all by ourselves. We had our adopted daughter, Heidi with us. She was well behaved the entire time and it was more like having my best friend with me!!! (jk- thanks for hanging out with us Heidi!! We'll have to go again next year!)
On Friday, (August 21), we all went to the Drive In movies in Caldwell. We went and watched "Up" and "Imagine That". It was such a fun night. We invited a bunch of families to join us and all of the kids had a great time. I need to get pictures from the other moms. I forgot about getting pictures until it was too dark. Before we left to the movies though, Kenzie pulled out her tooth. I have to admit, I don't pull out teeth! That grosses me out!!!!!!! It was pretty much hanging there and she asked me to pull it out. I told her she needed to ask her brothers. They didn't want to pull it out either. That left her to do it. She did it too! It was her first tooth lost and she was so excited. She went right in and put her tooth under her pillow so she wouldn't lose it. She was just glad to have it gone before school started.
(Side note on this. Madison just pulled out her own tooth last night too. Right after dinner she started crying and said her tooth hurt. It looked pretty lose but I wasn't about to pull it out and so she went into the bathroom and pulled it out herself. What good kids I have. They know not to ask me for help with their teeth! That's 2 teeth in one week!)


Last Friday night, before the Drive in Movie, I had a piano recital. This wasn't your normal recital either. I have a student that is moving away and I haven't been teaching him for very long. His mom really wanted to have a piano recital for him before they moved. So, we picked 2 songs for Jayson and he had them learned and memorized in 3 weeks. He played both of them perfectly and the crowd for his recital was big. Over 20 people. All of his family was in town to help them move. I'm going to miss Jayson and his amazing talent to pick up so quickly on everything I taught him.

This was this morning in the tub. I just thought she was adorable and wanted to get a picture of how cute she is in the tub. She loves her bath time and loves it when I wash her hair. She knows the routine for bathtime and loves to help me do all of the things we do in the tub. She is almost impatient with me when I don't get to the next step fast enough.

I love this little girl! (We were doing crazy hairdos. I remember doing this with my sisters and loved to see who could get the craziest hairstyle.)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

What fun things you have been doing! We do smores at our house all the time now too!! (I got some of those fudge stripe cookies on sale, so that makes it easy!) I love the picture of Mayci in the bath tub!!! She is adorable!! And your hair is getting so long!! It looks so pretty in the pictures!! It makes me want to keep growing my hair out!!

Cute fist day pictures of the kids going to school! They are all getting so big! Carson starts next Wednesday...but just to preschool. he is pretty excited! Have a fun day!

Anne said...

I finally found a few packages of coconut marshmallows and we're going to melt them on Fudge Striped Cookies. Thanks for the idea!

Mayci sure is a cutie!

Heidi said...

The rodeo was fun...thank you for letting me sit by you guys and interrupting your date night! Macyi is so adorable...wow! hahaha