Thursday, July 3, 2008

Free!!!

We have some pretty cool stuff to do around here. First we have the free movies that they play at Edwards. Last week we got to go and see 'The Bee Movie'. We had seen that one before but it's still fun to watch a movie at the movie theater. Mayci even did good during the movie. Yesterday we got to see TMNT and we hadn't seen that one yet. Kind of a good movie but then I liked watching the turtles when I was younger too. The movie starts at 10:00 am and we usually get there by 9:30 so we can get good seats. The place is packed by about 9:50. Lots of daycare kids are usually there. They sell popcorn and pop and I am one to not usually let my kids eat that kind of stuff so early in the morning but hey, you're only young for so long and summertime memories like this will be fun to talk about when they are older. Who cares how much popcorn or pop they consumed once a week for the summer?! We had fun!


Madison, Mayci, Braydon, Kenzie and Mom at TMNT. Austin took our picture.


Shaylee, Ryan, Kenzie, Madison at The Bee Movie. We had 10 kids, 1 baby and 2 adults with us at this movie. It was quite an experience but we had fun!


Braydon and his buddy Tren


Austin and Cooper. Notice the shirts!! The gal we were with, Kim, had ball shirts from this past season and there was a misprint or something of the sort. So, she had about 15 shirts to hand out. We benefited and my kids love them. Funny how kids love a plan old t-shirt. I love them even more because then the kids can be kids and enjoy their summer in dirt and water and popscicles- whatever!

Yesterday we managed to get 2 things free! We went to see TMNT and then headed over to a park not far from Justin's work and go have free lunch. They serve different things each day but all the lunches include a couple of juices, chocolate milk, chips or crackers and some type of fruit. I love this whole idea of free lunch during the summer. It eliminates the messes in my kitchen, I don't have to cook anything or discuss how many different sandwiches I have to make and the kids also get a great outing to play at the park.

No comments: