Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Camping in Bear Lake

Justin loves Bear Lake! He can't wait to get back, I mean MOVE back there. Anytime we get to his parents house he just eases back into his element. We got to get away Friday night for a little bit and have dinner up the canyon and hang out with family. It was a fun night. I don't mind the camping and getting dirty once in awhile but it's been too long since we've camped. I left all the important things home and not enough change of clothes. Bridget had her little Tyla up camping with us too (I just didn't get a pic of her, she was sleeping most of the time and covered to keep away from mosquitos. Sorry. I'll get some next weekend of her at the blessing!). Mayci was very good and didn't mind getting bug spray on her.


Justin was cutting some logs for the fire. The kids were very impressed with dad's skills. He is so hypnotic! (Everytime Justin started the chainsaw up, all the kids stopped what they were doing and watched him work! Very funny!)


The girls spent time in the trees and bushes making hiding places, or forts! Braydon liked the fire and spent time getting it started and keeping it going. Both Austin and Braydon learned some great scout lessons. Like starting a fire with twigs in a log cabin formation. They both did a great job. Tyler and Bridget brought their campertrailer and the boys stayed the night with them. We had a great dutch oven dinner and of course, roasted S'mores! YUM!!


Haydee found plenty of things to play with and boy is she a busy body. She wanted to hang out with the older kids and do what they were doing. Justin took the kids a little ways up the mountain and I kinda got a shot of them. We managed to come down without any tics but came away with tons of mosquito bites. Even though we did spray us all down! It was a great time up the canyon anyway. Thanks Ty and Bridget for a fun weekend!

No comments: