
This would be my wonderful artwork!
And this too!
McKenzie's artwork!
Madison's artwork!
This is really a funny post! It will be funnier for my family- mostly my mom! Years ago (I was probably 6 at the time) my mom had gotten a new table and chairs for our family. I was very impressed with my ability to write not only my name but all of the names of those in my family! I wanted to share with the whole world this new found ability! Paper was not good enough for me. I'm sure I searched the whole house over and nothing would satisfy my desire to share this talent I now posessed! Then I spotted my mom's chairs! That's it! I could write on the chairs the names of all of those in my family! My talent would be found and a bonus!!! Everyone would know just where to sit and no one would ever have to fight over which chair was theirs! I knew my mom would just love me forever for thinking of this! So, I took the time to carefully carve the names in each dining chair! They looked wonderful! Well, I can't remember if my mom got mad at me or not! It's probably a good thing I don't remember! The other day my Madison was bored! She had absolutely nothing to do! You know how it is in summer! All of the neighbor kids were gone (probably out doing something really fun because all of the neighbor kids always have way more fun than us!!!). So, I told Madison to go and write, make up a story or color! So, Kenzie and Madison got to work! They came in and asked me to come and see what they did! I had just rearranged our kitchen table and the kids were arguing the night before about where everyone was going to sit! Madison thought it would be a great idea to put everyone's name on a chair and then they would know where they would sit! Only she was smart enough to know NOT to draw on the chairs! Her and Kenzie took paper and tape and put a little name tag on the back of each chair! I couldn't help but laugh at how their little minds work! I'm just so glad that there won't be anymore fighting at the dinner table! (ha-ha!)
1 comment:
oh yes, Marisa, I remember that time. I don't think I got too mad, but I was impressed that you knew how to spell all the names. It is a great memory for me.
Post a Comment