Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Getaway

We had a fun 4th! We spent the morning in Melba at a parade (sorry, no pics at that! I just was plain lazy that morning! No walking, no plans, just hang out! I think I left my camera at home!) We went and had Pizza Hut pizza for lunch and then came home and napped. I spent some time trying to get things done while everyone else napped!! Then we got to go to the Hallberg's for dinner. They had some family and a few neighbors over. Justin played a few games with the kids and they loved it! We waited out front for our other neighbors to start their fireworks. They always get the really good illegal ones and they spend about $1000 or more on them. There are 2 of them and they try and out do each other. We had about 4 or 5 other neighbors around us that had some good fireworks too. It makes it kind of fun to stay by your house and watch some good stuff! Saturday morning we got up early and made it to Bear Lake by 10:20 am so that we could make sure to get some valuable time on the 2 wave runners that Tyler got for us all to enjoy! We had a blast! The wave runners were brand new and very big! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! It was the first time that my mom got on a wave runner and I think we convinced her that we need to have a few of those in the family to play on! While at Bear Lake, there was a lady that broke her leg while they were trying to get their boat in the water. Tyler is on the Search and Rescue and so his scanner was with us. We watched the patrol boat go up and down looking for this injury. They were right by us when it happened I guess and so by the time patrol and injured party met up it was right behind us! Talk about fun for us! We got to watch the whole thing! People were walking by checking everything out! It just added to our fun! No one got too sunburned. We went through 2 bottles of sunscreen for everyone! The only dreaded part about playing all day at the lake is the clean up afterwards! The kids had a blast and so did the adults so I guess all the sand was worth it! Even if the sand did end up in my van!

No comments: